Job ID 763540BR
Business Walt Disney Imagineering
The WDI Japan Landscape Architect provides support to the Walt Disney Imagineering Japan team and Third-Party Owner/Operators, oversees design and implementation of landscape, hardscape and area development projects and ensures that it is achieved by successfully integrating all allied disciplines and components of the development. As a Brand Steward, establishes show quality assurance through reviews of all aspects of Landscape Architecture design and implementation packages
• Interface and communicate with the Third-Party Owner/Operator for design and implementation aspects of assigned projects.
• Interface and communicate with the Art Director and/or Creative Lead for design and implementation, working toward the Creative Vision.
• Confirm scope details in preparation for reviews of all Landscape Architecture documents.
• Ensure that the area development intent is achieved by successfully integrating landscape/hardscape design with allied disciplines and components of the area development such as: infrastructure, architecture, grading/drainage, lighting, graphics, structural engineering, irrigation, etc.
• Responsible for coordinating and communicating design issues within the project team.
• Supports implementation of project goals/objectives through problem-solving and development of design solutions.
• Oversees work at all stages of assigned projects from concept, feasibility, schematic design and construction documentation in accordance with established design intent and show quality standards.
• Review/approval of Third-Party drawing packages through all phases, per the approved Design Intent.
• Review and approval of construction details, specifications, mock-ups and general project coordination.
• May provide input towards landscape/hardscape master planning.
• May provide technical guidance to one or more designers in the production of contract/construction documents, under the direction of the Art Director/Creative Lead.
• Works in support of the creative team in communicating and delivering visuals that illuminate and explain the content of thematic design.
• Reports on design and implementation progress to Art Director/Creative Lead and WDIJ Director.
• Assists the team and/or Director with Executive Presentation materials/content.
• Keeps server organized, allowing for team access with the ability to navigate effectively.
• Working knowledge and experience in the use of materials and products for thematic applications
• Knowledge of landscape architecture design and construction techniques
• Knowledge of hardscape design, materials and construction techniques
• Basic knowledge of related areas, including land planning, civil engineering, area development, lighting, graphic design etc.
• Diverse ability to visually communicate Landscape Architecture solutions.
• Demonstrates thoughtful design, artistic skills and professional judgment in solving complex problems.
• Ability to iterate designs quickly and to explore various options, and has a grasp on the practical aspects of design.
• Excellence in managing relationships with external partners, collaboration and interpersonal skills • Ability to work within scope, schedule and budget.
• Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
• Proficiency in Research tools
• Ability to organize multiple layers of documentation
• Strong sense of ownership, flexibility and integrity
• High level of motivation; strong self-starter and strong problem–solving ability in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent Bi-lingual (Japanese/English) written and verbal communication skills
• Organized, thorough and detail oriented; ability to prioritize
• Ability to negotiate and coordinate through conflict and problem-solve issues to resolution
• Knowledge of Theatrical Design Disciplines and how they interrelate
• Proven ability to organize and communicate project development process and documentation
• Ability to take direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment
• Knowledge of creative process and deliverables
• Five or more years of experience in architecture/design practice.
• Two or more years of Thematic architecture/design practice.
• Implementation phase experience including the submittal/shop drawing review process and on-site field inspections.
• Hardscape design/implementation experience.
• Facility design/implementation experience
A Landscape Architecture degree from an accredited program